Feels Like Christmas
.
You have heard about Christmas in July I am sure. Well, I feel like it is Christmas in May! I am not sure if I am more like a child at Christmas or a kid turned loose in a candy store. Either way I am so excited about the new things going on at First Baptist. Let me share with you some of our “new things.”
The first new thing I am excited about is not so much a thing as it is a special person. I want to welcome Michelle Pannell to our church staff as our Children’s Director and Children’s Day Out Director. Michelle has a passion for children which is very obvious. She is going to do an outstanding job of ministering to the children of our church and the children of our community. She just has a glow about her I believe will be a magnet to draw children into our church family and ultimately towards the love of Christ. I hope you take time to acquaint yourself with her and her wonderful family in the days to come. Make her feel as welcome in our church as you have the rest of our staff. Welcome aboard, Michelle!
The second new thing is the new look of the sanctuary. Many, many stressful hours have been spent by the Remodeling Committee trying to match color schemes, looking at other churches for ideas, studying different designs, and praying for this project. Last week the carpet was installed and this week the pews will be in place. Overall the project has progressed smoothly and I hope you all get as giddy as I do when you walk in and see the beauty of it. I really believe all of this has been pleasing to our Lord as He has watched the project unfold. We will be back in there worshipping Him soon!
Another new thing that I get excited about is the opportunity for us as a church to look at some new worship options in order to reach out to our community. We are in the process of taking a church-wide survey to see how we can best reach this community through our worship services. I hope you will pick up a survey, prayerfully fill it out, and either mail it back to the church office or drop it in the survey box by the Fellowship Hall. There are so many people in our community who are unchurched and I am excited we are looking at options of how to reach them. Please be praying for the staff and our church as we make some crucial decisions in the months to come.
The most exciting new thing I want to share is also not a thing but people. As a result of all of the above mentioned items, we will see new individuals coming to know Christ as their Savior and becoming a part of our church family. That is why we are here. That is our purpose, to reach the unchurched and worship our Lord daily. I hope this is an article that will continue to be written in days ahead because of more and more names being written in the Lamb’s Book of Life in Heaven.
God has been so good to us as a church family. He has been faithful. He will continue to be if we will continue to seek Him in all we do. I was reminded last week that we have been in Grandview for 8 years now. What a great 8 years it has been. Thank you for wonderful memories and I look forward to many more in the years to come. I love you!