Beautiful!
.
There is a song I love which is called "O Lord, You’re Beautiful". The words start by saying:
O Lord, You’re Beautiful,
You’re face is all I seek.
And when Your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds in me!
The word BEAUTIFUL is so appropriate for us as a church at this point. I believe when our Lord looks down upon us He sees beauty. Let me share with you a couple of reasons why I believe that.
On Sunday, April 15
th, we had our first
Ingathering Day to help reduce any debt we might incur throughout the remodeling process of the Sanctuary. I challenged you as a church not to allow debt to get in the way of the ministry God has for us to do here in
Grandview. As a body we gave nearly $21,000 back to the Lord!! That is beautiful! The following Monday we received a blessing from the Talbert Board when we were awarded an extra $7500 towards our remodeling cost. God is good.
A retired pastor told me one time, "If you want to know the health of a church just look at the finances." If that is true,
FBC is healthy. Through the middle of April we were above budget in our weekly giving. This past Sunday we surpassed our church goal for the Annie Armstrong Easter offering. That money will be used to reach many people for Christ in the days ahead. Another beautiful sight for our Lord.
At the April church conference, members voted to form a new staff position here at
FBC. The Personnel Committee has been working very hard over the past couple of months to develop a job description for a Parent’s Day Out Director and Part-time Children’s Minister. This is a key area I believe will really make a difference in reaching this community for Christ. I would like to invite you to come and meet Michelle
Pannell and her family on May 20
th from 2-3:30pm in the Fellowship Hall for a come and go, meet and greet time. Michelle and Bill and their family joined our church a little over a month ago. Michelle has been a preschool aide for several years and most recently at
Grandview Elementary and will be an incredible asset to our staff and church. We will have a Called Church Conference on Sunday evening May 20
th to affirm a call to Michelle.
This is an exciting time in the life of
FBC Grandview. The month of May is packed full of activities. I hope that you will take time to read through the newsletter and pay close attention to events on the calendar so that you will not miss out on anything.
Trying to be Beautiful for Him,