Notes From the Pastor
Friday, December 01, 2006
  Celebrate Jesus
.

You know how much I love this time of year. There is so much to get excited about, like lots of food, great times with family and friends, parties, Christmas Carols, Santa and reindeer! You know what I mean. But I want to encourage you to make a serious effort this Christmas to celebrate Jesus. Don't miss out on opportunities to worship the babe in a manger, the savior on the cross, and King of Kings this month. There are many opportunities for you to enjoy both worshipful and fun times together with your church family this year and I hope that you will take advantage of as many as you can.

The month begins this Saturday morning with our Annual Ladies Tea at 10:00 am in the fellowship hall. This event has grown each year and this year it actually sold out! There will be over 150 ladies in attendance and I know that they will have a wonderful time. I want to thank everyone for their hard work in making this a great event.

December 3rd, the men will have a special prayer breakfast at 7:30 am. We usually meet on Saturday but are meeting on a Sunday because of the tea and to give some of our guys who work on Saturdays an opportunity to be here. Guys there are going to be 150 ladies here for tea on Saturday...the pressure is on. I hope you will plan on being here.

On December 10th the staff gets an opportunity to say "Thank You" for the privilege of serving along side you on a day to day basis. You are such a wonderful and caring church and each of us are honored to call FBC Grandview home. We want to invite each of you to a holiday dinner with Turkey, ham, dressing, and all the fixin's. It is going to be a great time of fellowship and family. You don't want to miss it!

Shelly, Cameron, Easton and I would like to invite each of you to our home for an open house and time of fellowship and fun on December 17th . The come and go reception will be held from 2pm until 4 pm. I hope you will stop by and enjoy a cup of hot cider and refreshments.

On Christmas Eve we will have two special services at 10:00 am and our Candlelight Lord's Supper service at 6:00 pm. I know that many of you will be traveling over the Christmas holiday but others of you will have family here in town, let me encourage you to bring them to worship with you.

I also want to bring to your attention our Lottie Moon Christmas offering goal of $3,000. As a church we did an outstanding job of collecting 249 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. I pray that we will support our foreign missionaries the same way by giving to the Lottie Moon offering.

I am so thankful to be called to serve at FBC Grandview. As we celebrate our 7th Christmas in Grandview please know that the Allen household is blessed!
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
The First Baptist Church is located on the corner of Fourth and Criner Streets near the center of downtown Grandview, Texas.

First Baptist Church of Grandview

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 /


Powered by Blogger