Where Did That Quarter Go?
After you read my title, you probably thought that I had lost 25 cents somewhere. That is not what I am talking about. The first quarter of 2006 is gone. As I reflect back on the first three months of 2006 and the thought of losing a monetary quarter, I ask myself did I lose a quarter? What did I do for the Kingdom during the first three months of the year?
I want to challenge you to ask yourself the same question. Have you lost a quarter? The good news is that because of grace, no matter what you did with the first three months of 2006, or for that matter the last ten years, you can do more for the Lord today!
The Committee on Committees met recently for the first time this year to begin the process of seeking God’s people for places of service in His church here in Grandview. I challenged them to really spend some quality time praying about who needs to serve on what committee and how an individual’s spiritual gifts line up with the duties of the committee. I want to encourage you all as a church to not only be praying for the Committee on Committees but to also be praying about where God would have you to serve.
WARNING: If you are not serving, you are losing quarters!I also want to give you a word of encouragement from the tithing sermon I preached a few weeks ago. Some of you took the challenge to tithe for 90 days and see what God will do. I know that as time passes it will be easier and easier to just let that plate pass by and not be obedient to God in giving back a small portion of what He has blessed you with, but don’t fall into the attitude “I just can’t do it!”, be faithful and see what God can do!
WARNING: If you are not giving, you are losing quarters!I hope that as you opened your newsletter your attention was immediately drawn to the box next to my article concerning our deacon ordination service on April 2nd.

I am pleased that John Akers, Stacy Johnson, Kenneth Montgomery, Jeff Moore, and David Self have agreed to serve as deacons here at FBC. I am praying that this service will be an encouragement not only to these men but to our entire church family. I hope that you will plan on attending and supporting these men and their families during this important time in their lives.
Finally I want to challenge you to be praying for the ministries that are ongoing here at FBC. I pray that every activity is being bathed in prayer and that its purpose is to reach lost people and to equip the believers. Will you take the challenge to pray for FBC regularly?
WARNING: If you are not praying, you are losing quarters!Trying to make the most of my quarters,
Russell