Notes From the Pastor
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
  Timing is Everything!
Have you ever heard the saying, “Life is what happens when you are making other plans?” This past week Shelly and I got a lesson in life! Monday morning Shelly got up to get ready for school and told me that she did not feel very good. When I got back from taking Cameron to Erica’s she informed me that we needed to go to the hospital. I remember two years ago the trip to the hospital for the arrival of Cameron was the greatest trip that I had ever taken. However, this time we were about 10 weeks too early. That was not our plan! After 3 days in the hospital and some wonderful doctors and nurses (Thanks, Malinda Scharnhorst!) caring for us, we were able to come home. As I sat in the very uncomfortable chair at the hospital I did a lot of praying and thinking and God reminded me that he has a time for everything. Fortunately for us his timing did not include a bundle of joy at our house quite yet!

Along those lines I want to share with you some things in our church family that I believe are happening in God’s timing. At last month’s church conference we voted as a church to go through a process of long range strategy planning as a church. I have been told that a church will continue to look to its past if it can’t see the future. It is time for us to look to the future and see what God has in store for us and what we need to do as a church to be equipped the best we can to accomplish the Great Commission in Grandview and surrounding areas. It is God’s time for us to do this!

I am also excited about our church beginning the process of ordaining some new deacons. The deacon body has discussed the need for additional deacons for quite sometime now and we have reached the moment that God’s time is right. Inside this newsletter you will find a list of all the men who are resident members of First Baptist and are over the age of eighteen. Let me encourage you to look over the list and pray about whom God would have you to nominate on February 5th following our morning worship service. The position of deacon is one that is very important in the life of the church and is one that must be taken seriously, so please spend some time praying over this list and seek God’s direction.

Finally, I believe that God’s time has come for First Baptist to renovate our sanctuary. This is a project that has been talked about for years but we have patiently waited on God’s timing. I am so proud of the work that we have done to improve other areas of our building and I believe that we have done a beautiful job. The task of renovating a sanctuary is a difficult one. It is a project that has the capability of being divisive, but I believe that the Remodeling Committee is working hard to come united to you as a church body with a proposal of which we can all be proud. Please be praying for Kenneth Pipes, Kenneth Montgomery, Paula Quisenberry, Don Prater, Scott Rudduck, Pat Brown, and Janette Johnson as they continue their work in this process.

I know that as we make plans, “life” can happen. None-the- less I also believe that if we pray and plan, God will bless. I hope that you will be praying about these three very important events in the life of FBC Grandview.

In Him,

Russell
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
The First Baptist Church is located on the corner of Fourth and Criner Streets near the center of downtown Grandview, Texas.

First Baptist Church of Grandview

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 /


Powered by Blogger